Subscribe to our RSS Feeds

3 Simple Things to Start My Day

0 Comments »

I'm a fan of Tim Ferriss, who wrote the bestselling 4HWW (4-Hour Work Week) and Leo Babauta of Zen Habits. These two interesting individual have made amazing impacts to thousands of readers. And I am one of them. They are not blogging about typical money-making etcetera on the net but about lifestyle productivity.

I believe that in order to be successful in any thing I’m interested in, I have to start from within – a positive, balanced mind, body, and soul. These are the three elements that I have been practicing daily. (Actually, there are four elements – mind, body, soul and heart. But I simplified it to three by combining soul and heart as one.) How?

Simple.

For my heart and soul: I pray or meditate for few minutes to start my day.

For my body: I exercise. Simple crunches daily and I’m good for the day.

For my mind: I read.

Since I started studying Nursing, it becomes my daily habit. However, when I got my RN and got busy in the hospital, there were days I tend to ignore it, ‘til I found the sites of Leo and Tim and I got inspired to be more focus again.

I was comparing my life between practicing good habits daily [before] and ignoring it [some days ago], I realized that I am more productive if I’ll simply do my 3 daily habits. And for today and more tomorrows to come, I’m back again to make my 2009 the best by starting my day with 3 simple accomplishments.
Saturday, January 10, 2009

0 Responses to "3 Simple Things to Start My Day"

Post a Comment